Civil Engineering Manager
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is looking for a Civil Engineering Manager to review and manage Civil Engineering activities associated with the development and redevelopment of company facilities on a national basis. We are looking for a high energy "Can Do" individual that enjoys a fast pace and dynamic environment to manage a wide array of challenging projects across the United States.
- Perform detailed reviews of civil engineering plans including drainage and hydrology calculations, surveys, topography, geotechnical, utilities and progress documents prepared by consultants.
- Partner and provide coordination feedback to external architect partners to ensure civil and architecture related documents are properly coordinated during conceptual and construction document phases.
- Provide feedback and direction from outcome of plan reviews.
- Review and provide feedback on conceptual site plans and grading concept plans for means and methods and value engineering options.
- Review and evaluate national, regional and local civil engineering consultants for quality of work product and adherence to company design standards and details.
- Participate in strategy evaluation of civil consultant teams for execution and design of site improvements.
- Provide feedback and updates to details and design criteria for site and civil improvements.
- Travel to and perform inspections of work in place and develop punch lists for site work on developments and redevelopments as needed.
- Provide initial site design feedback for ADA accessibility, ingress/egress, grading, drainage, utilities and site layout coordination to aid in the site conceptual design process.
- Perform takeoffs and quantity estimates from conceptual grading plans for use in establishing preliminary estimates and opportunities for value engineering.
- Strong project management skills. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines. Demonstrated ability to gain insight into complex situations through careful analysis and develop actionable recommendations. Has the ability to evaluate and make appropriate judgments regarding risks and opportunities.
- Proven leadership and consensus building skills. Professional demeanor and the ability to develop strong cross functional relationships between internal and external business partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively interface with all levels of staff (Corporate and field). Ability to work independently and in team situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill; strong organizational, reasoning and technical skills.
- 10+ years of experience in Civil Engineering, cross-discipline collaboration/coordination and experience in detailed review of engineering calculations and/or design.
- 5+ years of experience with multiple jurisdictions and agencies such as utilities, water districts, flood control and public works.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer license highly preferred.
- LEED AP a bonus
Public Storage offers competitive base and bonus, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSA's for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.