Cash Control Accountant
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an opportunity for a Treasury and Cash Control Accountant to join our Accounting team in Glendale, CA.
- Reconcile deposit activity to point of sale data on a daily basis utilizing bank reconciliation software for consolidated cash and check depository and individual/third party bank accounts
- Assist field personnel in researching deposit variances and other deposit-related issues.
- Reconcile on a monthly basis high-volume bank accounts including consolidated cash and check deposit accounts, individual/third-party accounts, owner accounts, payroll accounts, and clearing company accounts
- Investigate and resolve reconciling items via journal entry, funds transfer, and/or adjustment of a customer’s account
- Load daily bank and point-of-sale data to bank reconciliation software and coordinate automated reconciliation
- Prepare analysis of bank and credit card processing fees for review by Manager or Director of Treasury and Cash Control. Assist in resolution of billing errors.
- Coordinate closely with banks, credit card processor, and Third Party Management to ensure that new properties are enabled to accept all forms of payment
- Download credit card charge-backs from card processors/networks’ websites, create and distribute monthly and weekly reporting to field operations, and assist field personnel with charge-back research
- Update weekend deposit list
- Prepare and process daily ACH transfers to concentrate cash and check depository funds
- Prepare daily deposits of checks sent to the corporate office
- Assist existing properties with banking needs, including switching banks, ordering supplies and serving as the liaison for any issues that arise between property managers and the local branches
- Prepare quarterly interest income reasonableness test.
- Analyze and process invoices for payment
- Fulfill external auditor requests for year-end audit
- As backup, determine daily cash position and appropriate investment amounts for multiple corporate entities
- As backup, process time-sensitive and often large-dollar payments and funds transfers via wire and ACH
- Bachelor's degree, Accounting or Finance, from an accredited college or university
- Accounting experience (large corporate or public accounting) preferred
- Cash management/treasury accounting experience and/or complex, multi-location bank reconciliation experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to perform well, meeting daily and monthly deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Works with careful attention to detail
- Driven to perform at 100% accuracy
- Able to balance recurring daily and monthly responsibilities with urgencies that arise day-to-day
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel (experience with complex spreadsheets is a plus)
- Experience with ReconNET and JD Edwards is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.