Business Development Director
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is expanding the Third Party Management platform and is seeking a hands-on, highly driven Business Development Director with sales experience and an entrepreneurial attitude to help drive Third party management growth.
Reporting directly to the President of Third Party Management, the Business Development Director will drive business growth through expansion of property management services to third-party property owners; this includes identifying new business opportunities, building relationships, negotiating and closing business deals.
- Generate business development opportunities develop an action plan to execute
- Effective lead generation (clients) and credentials pitch, followed by outreach through meetings, calls, communication, and follow-up, to maintain and build an active pipeline.
- Developing and implementing sales plan to drive business growth.
- Communicate with potential clients & prospects the benefits of property management and educate them about new ideas and new ways of thinking
- Establish and revise contracts, reports to include required changes, and additions
- Inspecting properties to ensure owner standards are being met: evaluating maintenance, grounds, and administrative operations
- Developing and presenting management proposals to third-party owners
- Contract negotiation with third party owners
- Gain and share understanding of prospect's organization, processes, business strategies, services available. Develop market intelligence and analysis on selected targets and competitors
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years direct experience in business development and sales
- Experience developing and leading a support team is highly preferred
- Exceptional presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal capability, both internal and external
- Experience in developing and presenting business proposals and negotiating contracts
- Possesses great people skills with the ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to keep stakeholders and third party owners informed
- Knowledge of property operations, including maintenance and insurance.
- Proven drive and initiative with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated success at new business development
- Candidate must have excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, planning and organizational skills
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.