Asset Manager - Commercial Leasing
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is looking for a dynamic Asset Manager that will oversee operations of a significant commercial portfolio which includes billboards and cell tower leases.
- Directing and overseeing all reconciliations for operating expenses, taxes and insurance
- Manage and execute the overall project scope, budget, and timelines. Identify project success factors for analysis, reporting, and tracking.
- Manage assigned projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintaining overall project ownership.
- Develop detailed project plan to track progress and major milestone timelines
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes to the projects scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using internal system and techniques
- Develop business processes to ensure we manage resources, budgets, and changes.
- Ability to handle situations outside the normal scope of a real estate professional and willingness to think outside of the box.
- Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents recommendations to Vice President of Commercial Real Estate
- Other duties to be added as deemed necessary
- At least 5 years project management experience, preferable within commercial real estate or property management.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred or equivalent experience.
- In-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in managing projects in a volume environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed: ability to set and accomplish personal and corporate goals.
- Advanced Experience: Excel, Outlook, Argus and PowerPoint. Ability to learn and use new software.
- Candidate must have excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, planning and organizational skills
- Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to exercise independent judgement
- Strong presentation, and interpersonal capability, both internal and external
- Possesses great people skills with the ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to keep stakeholders and third party owners informed
- Knowledge of property operations, including maintenance is a plus
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge and experience in ALL Microsoft Office suites including Word, Excel, and Outlook programs. Experience with Yardi a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.