Application Support Administrator
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,900 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Application Support Administrator is responsible for the regular daily support and resolution of application and system issues that may arise across internally hosted, and SaaS based applications. This role troubleshoots and provides root cause analysis of various application issues and works to proactively identify and reduce potential future problems.
- Liaise with business stakeholders in the areas supported by the various business applications.
- Performs regular production support tasks such as version upgrades, migrations, configuration changes, automation, recurring software/application releases, user provisioning, report writing, dashboard creation, and other application related functions.
- General point of contact for capacity planning, performance tuning and release management for applications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting application and process issues. Conducts root cause analysis and proactively identifies potential issues/problems; communicates concerns and solutions to IT leadership, vendors, developers, and internal stakeholders as appropriate. Provides technical support to teams or individuals within the organization, internal users and to external users when required.
- Performs application updates/upgrades and application changes for all relevant systems. Tests and evaluates Applications to ensure compatibility with internal Hardware\Software and processes; follows appropriate change management processes for the same.
- Application SME - works closely with power users and other stakeholder inside and outside of IT to coordinate technical elements of enterprise solutions.
- Provides responsive technical assistance and documentation for the configuration and support processes relevant to delivering enterprise applications.
- Participates in the company’s change management and patch processes with respect to proposed or currently installed software applications and assist in coordinating testing efforts.
- Provides support for Company's line of business applications within a Microsoft Windows and Public Cloud environment. Including, but not limited to:
- Enterprise Job Scheduling Automation
- ERP Systems
- Time and Attendance
- Payroll integrations
- SharePoint and Mobile Applications
- Other Internal and SaaS based applications
- Monitors error logs, system utilization and usage trends and report issues as appropriate; identifies and correct anomalies when discovered. Monitors automated processes for specified systems and takes action as appropriate to resolve any issues.
- Create and maintain system/application documentation. Produce the proper documentation and testing needed for the monthly/yearly audits.
- Manages application projects as delegated by the team manager. Creates specialized reports and dashboards as needed; documents all work and maintains related files and records. Provides status reports to the team manager.
- Keeps track of open Service Desk tickets pertaining to the specific applications and follow through until the tickets are resolved.
Base Pay Range: $89,000 - $99,000
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of our total awards approach to compensation which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses or incentives.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in providing application support enterprise scale applications
- BA or BS in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent combination of skills, experience and education
- Previous experience supporting Enterprise Job Scheduling Automation preferred
- Experience in .NET framework, IIS, and MS SQL
- Demonstrable skills in writing queries (MS SQL, PostgreSQL).
- General script language a plus
- Familiar with and experience in software releases and deployment methodologies
- Cloud application support experience a plus
- Experience with the Microsoft SharePoint administration a plus
- Experience with ERP systems (i.e. SAP, Oracle, JDE, etc.) a plus
- Thorough understanding of system and software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies and release management practices
- Understanding of SOX and PCI compliance
- DEVOPS experience a plus
- Experience leading and/or working on project teams
- Proficiency MS Windows desktop operating systems and MS Office tools
- Ability to understand and analyze application environments and recommend/make improvements
- Ability to document and present results of analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to work in cross functional/ matrix organizations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Some weekend, after-hours work is expected
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.