Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is seeking an Acquisitions Associate to join the Southern California based Acquisitions team. The Associate will work in support of the Acquisitions Team and Senior Management to assist with the identification, analysis, and due diligence of potential acquisitions and to execute the overall acquisition strategy for Public Storage.
- Provide analytical, forecasting, reporting and project support to the Acquisitions Team and Senior Management.
- Assemble financial investment analysis models and proformas.
- Assist with due diligence process of prospective acquisitions including review of third party reports, transaction coordination, review of facilities/construction scope, and budgets.
- Conduct market research and analysis including market comps, supply analysis and market share review.
- Assemble investment memorandums for senior management and investment committee.
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of acquisitions.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports assist with special projects for Senior Management as needed.
- Minimum Bachelors or Masters degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or other related Business majors with relevant or related course work.
- 1-3 years relevant experience, preferably in either commercial real estate brokerage, real estate acquisitions or asset management.
- Prefer experience in investment underwriting, financial analysis and modeling.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point.
- Prefer experience in preparing written investment recommendations to an investment committee.
- Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated. Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes.
- Candidate must also possess strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.