Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a high potential and highly motivated individual to join the corporate accounting team as the Accounting Manager. Our accounting group is an extremely intellectual, technical, and technologically savvy team with great experience and common sense. More importantly for the candidate for this position, these team members are eager to participate in developing this person’s capabilities.
Our group’s work product has high visibility, consisting of: internal reporting and analysis reviewed by the CFO, CEO, other members of senior management, the Board of Trustees, and reporting to the SEC. As a result, this team member will have the opportunity to demonstrate their capability to meet and exceed the high standards of the group.
This person will report to the Director of Accounting. While it is a "sole contributor" position, this person will work with, support, and influence people throughout the finance group and larger organization.
- The month end, quarter end, and year end close process.
- Internal reporting and analysis of consolidated results to management
- Quarterly reporting and analysis for the Board of Trustees
- Reconciling general ledger accounts and generation of adjusting journal entries to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Adherence and preparation of support for internal control testing
- Audits and quarterly reviews with independent auditors
- Proactively identify and drive process improvements and standardization
- We are looking for the right fit from not only the technical perspective but a team fit as well. In addition to showing a desire and demonstrated potential for growth and advancement, some of the characteristics we would like to see in the successful candidate are:
- Team player - someone who works toward team goals and achievements
- Sense of urgency - ability to meet regular monthly/quarterly deadlines successfully
- Quality of thought - the ability to understand and process opinions from all levels within the organization
- 5-7 years combined "Big Four," or National CPA firm, and General Ledger experience
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum four year degree in Accounting/Finance
- Strong analytical, accounting, and intellectual skills/capacity
- Advanced computer skills, especially in MS Excel
- "Roll up the sleeves" and "follow through to completion" attitude
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and work under strict reporting timelines
- Ability to develop cooperative relationships within all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.