With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Opportunity and Vision for Role
We are looking for a high potential and highly motivated individual (while fully seasoned with personal humility and an absolute "team player" mentality) to join the financial reporting team as the Manager of Financial Reporting. Our financial reporting and accounting group is an extremely intellectual, technical, and technologically savvy team with great experience and common sense. More importantly for the candidate for this position, these team members are eager to participate in developing this person’s capabilities.
The financial reporting group has high visibility. The work product, including SEC reporting and the internal control analysis process for the company, includes internal reporting and analysis that is reviewed by the CFO, CEO, other members of senior management, and the Board of Directors. As a result, this team member will have the opportunity to demonstrate their capability to meet and exceed the high standards of the group.
This person will report to the Director of Accounting. While it is a "sole contributor" position, this person will work with, support, and influence people throughout the finance group and larger organization. Responsibilities include specific assigned significant components of the following core responsibilities of the financial reporting team:
- The month end, quarter end, and year end close process.
- SEC reporting - 10Q, 10K
- Internal reporting and analysis of consolidated results to management
- Quarterly reporting and analysis for the Board of Directors
- SOX 404 internal control testing and analysis
- Reconciling general ledger accounts and generate adjusting journal entries to ensure accurate financial statements
- Audits and quarterly reviews with independent auditors
- Devising better ways of doing thingsconstant improvement
We are looking for the right fit from not only the technical perspective but a team fit as well. In addition to showing a desire and demonstrated potential for growth and advancement, some of the characteristics we would like to see in the successful candidate are:
- Team player - someone who works toward team goals and achievements
- Sense of urgency - ability to meet regular monthly/quarterly deadlines successfully
- Quality of thought - the ability to understand and process opinions from all levels within the organization
- 3-5 years of experience.
- 3 years public accounting experience in "Big Four" or National CPA firm preferred.
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum four year degree in Accounting/Finance from a recognized university.
- Strong analytical, accounting, and intellectual skills/capacity
- Advanced computer skills, especially in MS Excel and MS Word
- "Roll up the sleeves" and "follow through to completion" attitude. No fear of hard work.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and work under strict reporting timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop cooperative relationships within all levels of the organization.
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.