Accounting Manager - Accounts Payable
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an opening for Accounts Payable Manager based out of our Glendale, California Corporate Headquarters.
Our Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for leading the daily operations of the Accounts Payable department, and prioritizing/coordinating the work of their staff. They will oversee the disbursement activities, including the preparation, review, approval, and verification of Accounts Payable transactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the training, performance, evaluation, and staff development for the AP department.
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies and recommends changes and improvements to the accounts payable processes and systems.
- Develops and maintains ongoing upgrades and improvements to the AP system and process.
- Develops, implements, and updates internal operating policies and procedures.
- Manages systems that service the corporate office and over 2400 locations, ongoing development and construction projects, and employee expenses.
- Handles inquiries and resolves problems from vendors, corporate and field personnel.
- Assures that department procedures comply with company guidelines.
- Meets AP deadlines and ensures that invoices are being processed accurately, timely, and in an efficient manner for month and year-end close.
- Manages the 1099 process and reporting.
- Manages unclaimed property tracker and submissions of unclaimed property funds to respective states.
- Creates and analyzes reports, evaluates processes and workload, and audits AP systems to ensure compliance.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in Accounts Payable.
- Experience with JD Edwards and Concur preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Experience in a supervisory role/supervising accounting or AP department.
- Ability to drive and manage workload to prioritize and balance multiple deadlines in a busy environment.
- Can collaborate cross-functionally effectively to set goals and find solutions to problems.
- Must be accurate, organized, and highly detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and follow-through on projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different levels of staff and management.
- Ability to handle daily responsibilities and projects with minimal direction.
- Must be pro-active in identifying and proposing solutions.
- Ability to assimilate a variety of information from diverse individuals and make decisions for which a precedent may not exist.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and takes ownership of career development.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999678356731