Account Manager - Tenant Insurance
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to be based out of our corporate office in Glendale, CA reporting to the Director, Tenant Insurance.
The Account Manager will be responsible for integration of acquisitions and third party managed properties, as well as handle onboarding, customer service and resolution of issues for independent owners/operators enrolled in the Savvy Storage Insurance Program. The primary function of this position is to provide the highest quality service to our customers.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Integration of acquisitions and third party managed properties into the Orange Door Storage Insurance Program. This includes participating on implementation calls, getting supplies out, communications to the field, communications to any previous insurance vendors and communications to new customers
- Liaison with IT if issues arise on both the Orange Door Storage Insurance Program and the Savvy Storage Insurance Program to ensure swift resolution and adherence to regulatory compliance
- Participate in Orange Door Storage Insurance Open Items Monthly Calls and Meetings as needed
- Attend monthly P&L Meetings as needed
- Account Manager will be responsible to update, create and/or maintain processes & procedures documents for the Savvy Storage Insurance Program
- Account Manager will be responsible to follow up with leads to answer questions and present the Savvy Storage Insurance Program
- Manage complete Integration of new owners and locations offering the Savvy Storage Insurance Program which includes, working with IT, outside operating systems, licensing company, insurance company, third party claims administrator, finance, etc.
- Be the point of contact for independent Owner/Operators enrolled in the Savvy Storage Insurance Program. This includes answering questions, problem solving, assisting with owner licensing, coordinating training of owner employees, and following up with required reports and information needed
- Manage licensing for Savvy with assistance of outside agency
- Assist with answering questions for PSCC 800 numbers and emails
- Participate in Savvy Storage Insurance open items calls and meetings
- Monitor service provided by TPA
- Prepare and analyze reports on monthly and quarterly basis
- Evaluate trends to support loss prevention
- Attend tradeshows and meetings
- Review TPA and other vendor billings for accuracy
- A Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- A current and valid California broker’s insurance license or must obtain California broker's insurance license within 90 days of hire
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong follow up skills
- Results oriented
- Fosters a customer service orientation
- Proficient on Microsoft Office using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Interpersonal, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Organizational and time management skills
- Prior experience in a client facing role, building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure, meets deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
- Ability to evaluate data for current trends and apply trends to loss prevention
- Ability to deal with a diverse group of people
- Ability to be self-motivated
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.