Account Manager - Insurance
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an exciting Account Manager opportunity with our Risk Management team.?The role will be hybrid based in our corporate office in Glendale, CA.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Account Manager that thrives developing internal and external relationships; and has a drive to build, develop, and manage a growing tenant insurance program.
- Provide high quality customer service to our independent owners/operators and customers participating in the Savvy Storage Insurance Program
- Follow up on leads to develop relationships and promote the Savvy Storage Insurance Program
- Integrate and onboard independent storage owners our Savvy Storage Insurance Program
- Assist and manage owner licensing
- Coordinate training for new owners
- Manage vendors and outside agencies
- Partner with technical internal and external resources to onboard customers, including operating systems, IT, insurance company, finance, and claims administrator
- Manage customer and internal reporting for Savvy Storage Insurance program
- Create, update and/or maintain processes & procedures for the Savvy Storage Insurance Program with a focus on efficiency, compliance and strong documentation
- Identify trends, prepare and analyze reports and incidents to support loss prevention. Develop partnerships internally and recommend action plans to help reduce risk.
- Attend and/or participate in various trade shows internal and external meetings
Base Pay Range: $120,000 - $135,000
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of our total awards approach to compensation which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses or incentives.
- A Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- A current and valid California Property & Casualty broker’s insurance license or must obtain California property and casualty broker's insurance license within 60 days of hire
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the insurance industry preferably with some account management and/or underwriting experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficient with Salesforce
- Experience driving and ensuring a positive customer experience
- Experience investigating, analyzing data/trends, drawing insights and making recomendations
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to collaborate and influence a diverse group of people
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.